We act for private individuals who have the misfortune of finding themselves in a dispute with their employers. We are able to help bring a claim to pursue your employment rights to compensation and/or reinstatement.
Our employment law services, by way of example, include advice on:
- Settlement agreements (previously known as compromise agreements);
- Contracts of employment;
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures;
- Bringing claims in the Employment Tribunal or Court, including but not limited to:
- Unfair dismissal claims;
- Constructive dismissal claims;
- Wrongful dismissal;
- Breach of contract;
- Discrimination claims relating to age; religion or belief, gender; pregnancy or maternity; disability; race; sexual orientation; being married or in a civil partnership; gender re-assignment; part-time working or trade union membership;
- Unpaid wages;
- Overpayment of wages;
- Business transfers – Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE);
- Breach of restrictive covenants and confidentiality; and
- Whistleblowing (protected disclosure).
Our charges are fair and transparent; like most law firms we mainly charge according to the time we spend acting on your instructions, and based on hourly rates which vary according to the experience and seniority of the lawyer in question. Our rates are competitive and offer good value for the quality of advice and service we offer, because our location allows us to manage the cost of overheads better.
We are also able, in appropriate matters, to agree in advance with you to charge on the basis of a fixed fee. We will always advise our clients to be pragmatic and to bear in mind the concept of proportionality, especially for the private individual who is seeking to bring a claim in the Employment Tribunal, with the attendant litigation risks.
Please refer to our pricing guide in relation to claims for Unfair Dismissal or Wrongful Dismissal.
All of us at Stokes Partners are congratulating to Nicola McIntyre and Hilary Askew on the successful completion of the…
Last Thursday evening saw Managing Partner Brendan Pang, and Compliance Solicitor Karen attend a game cookery demonstration at Frogmary Green…
At Stokes Partners we’re always looking to support local enterprises and if we can have some fun whilst doing so…