Our range of services is tailored specifically to the needs of older people. Our aim is to make the management of their financial and legal affairs easy and stress free.
Our highly trained staff are caring and friendly, and include Members of Solicitors for the Elderly, a national organisation of lawyers, who are committed to providing and promoting robust, comprehensive and independent legal advice for older people, their family and carers. We will visit you at home or in hospital (in our local area) without making an additional charge.
We can advise on:
- Gifts and inheritance tax
- Powers of attorney
- Court of Protection matters
- Care fees
- Advanced Directives
Power of Attorney
Our friendly, expert team can guide you through the process of choosing suitable people to manage your affairs if you become incapable in the future. These are important decisions and should not be taken lightly.
We can advise about:
- Lasting powers of attorney – Health & Welfare
- Lasting powers of attorney – Property & Affairs
- Acting as certificate provider
- Registration of Enduring and Lasting powers of attorney
- Court of Protection applications
- Your role as attorney or deputy
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
At Stokes Partners we’re always looking to support local enterprises and if we can have some fun whilst doing so…
The current probate fees will remain unchanged after almost a year of uncertainty. The proposed increases from April 2019 would…
At Stokes Partners we’re proud to be sponsors at Chard Equestrian. We hadn’t appreciated however that our sponsorship would lead…