Our range of services is tailored specifically to the needs of older people. Our aim is to make the management of their financial and legal affairs easy and stress free.
Our highly trained staff are caring and friendly, and include Members of Solicitors for the Elderly, a national organisation of lawyers, who are committed to providing and promoting robust, comprehensive and independent legal advice for older people, their family and carers. We will visit you at home or in hospital (in our local area) without making an additional charge.
We can advise on:
- Gifts and inheritance tax
- Powers of attorney
- Court of Protection matters
- Care fees
- Advanced Directives
Power of Attorney
Our friendly, expert team can guide you through the process of choosing suitable people to manage your affairs if you become incapable in the future. These are important decisions and should not be taken lightly.
We can advise about:
- Lasting powers of attorney – Health & Welfare
- Lasting powers of attorney – Property & Affairs
- Acting as certificate provider
- Registration of Enduring and Lasting powers of attorney
- Court of Protection applications
- Your role as attorney or deputy
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
The Government has been widely praised for the financial support it has offered to employers and their employees under the…
It may seem morbid to dwell on the Covid-19 pandemic but all of the advice we are receiving is that…
The first point to make is that the finer detail of the Government’s scheme is still awaited and so this…
Although not universal, many leases of commercial premises provide for the rent to be paid ‘quarterly in advance on the…